Monday, August 3, 2009

There Will Be No Blog Post Today

Sorry guys, no blog post today. It's crazy, thus far I've made a post every single day that I've been at work. It's been quite a streak, but everything ends, and today the blogging shoes stay in their cubby hole.

It's not like there's nothing to blog about. If I was so inclined, I could create a series of bullet points discussing sporting news that happened over the weekend. Such as:

*Melky Cabrera's cycle yesterday. After losing three in a row to the White Sox, in a variety of irritating ways, we needed something more than a victory on Sunday. 'Leche' provided the fireworks, hitting a dramatic triple in the ninth to finish the cycle and provide the team some insurance. If I were writing about this, I'd mention how the Melk-Man always seems to have a sense of the moment, and shares the honor of 'Clutchiest Yankee Batsman' with Jeter. And then I'd post a photo:


*In the post-game interview, Robinson Cano translated for his friend. Come on, Melk, learn English. I don't think I'm being unreasonable. You've been in the bigs for three years, and can't even give a sound bite at the end of a game? Again, I'm not holding you to a double standard. If I played a professional sport in Mexico, or France, I would learn the language. It's not like you don't have time. I can excuse Asian ballplayers, because their native tongues don't share a Latin root with English. But as a Dominican, Melky, you should at least have enough to get by.

*The Red Sox dined out on that godawful product Baltimore calls baseball, creeping up to within a half game of our division lead. The Yanks face Halladay on Tuesday, and the Sox play two with the Rays. We should be neck and neck going into the weekend series, and I've got an appetite for revenge.

I could've talked about any of those points, if I'd posted a blog today. But it wasn't meant to be. Here's a picture of A.J. Burnett and Melky doing a weird high-five. It would've concluded today's post.


No comments:

Post a Comment