Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Quickness

Here's how busy and ridiculous my day has been: a few minutes ago, I discovered that the Yanks were playing an afternoon game. Apparently they're up 6-3 in the 7th inning. Great.

JUST GREAT.

I MISSED THE WHOLE GAME.


Glad they're winning, though. I don't have a lot of time to indulge my blogging habit this afternoon, but I do want to toss out some quick links.

First, an awesome article from the New Yorker about the World Cup. It focuses mostly on the US-England match-up, the histories of each team, US goalie Tim Howard, and Landon Donovan. Really a great read. Oh crap, I just noticed you can only get the abstract online. Trust me, buy the mag. Good article, and it's written by someone named "Hampton Sides," which is a pretty awesome handle.

Second, Robinson Cano's hit streak has reached 17 games. Watch out, Dimaggio.

Third, tonight is NBA Finals game one. I recommend enjoying Bill Simmons' preview.

Fourth, Selig won't reverse last night's call. That position was defended earlier today on the Times, in a post I agree with wholeheartedly. Thanks to Em for the link.

Fifth, Rafa tries to advance to his fifth French Open semifinal, and Soderling tries to meet him there, tomorrow. The festivities start at 7am Eastern. Rafa goes second.

Sixth, and last, I'm gone tomorrow. Nick's Tupac piece will be up in the morning, so you'll have that to enjoy over the weekend. Sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment